PT 2 | Building a business as a primary caregiver, remote school life and creativity as a form of activism with Kevin Bourne
This is the second of three mini episodes of our chat with Kevin Bourne, a dad of three and an entrepreneur, freelance journalist and media personality.
He is co-founder and editor-in-chief of SHIFTER Magazine, and is co-founder and CEO of PR and content marketing firm SHIFTER Agency. He was recently named to Ottawa Life Magazine’s Best of Ottawa: Activists & Changemakers list.
Our conversation took place back in October and since we’re both doing remote school for our kids, you may hear some voices in the background.
THINGS WE TALK ABOUT:
- Becoming a remote school tutor and how it’s working
- Adjusting his workflow during the pandemic as a parent
- Redefining what’s possible and learning to challenge the status quo
- Being named an activist and making an impact in others’ lives with his work
- The different ways in which creativity can be used as a form of protest
- How his work is influencing his children
LISTEN TO THE FULL EPISODE:https://www.buzzsprout.com/1476373/6623326-pt-2-building-a-business-as-a-primary-caregiver-remote-school-life-and-creativity-as-a-form-of-activism-with-kevin-bourne.js?container_id=buzzsprout-player-6623326&player=small
SUBSCRIBE ON YOUR FAVOURITE PODCAST PLAYER:
- Podcast Website: http://mixingbabiesandbusiness.buzzsprout.com/
- Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/mixing-babies-and-business/id1539564532
- Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5idXp6c3Byb3V0LmNvbS8xNDc2MzczLnJzcw==
- Spotify Podcasts: https://open.spotify.com/show/0R3APbjoNM5dTl2Dp8QOh7
- Stitcher Podcasts: https://www.stitcher.com/show/mixing-babies-and-business
CONNECT WITH US
We’re always happy to hear from you! Send us your feedback and share your work from home with kids stories via email at: email@example.com
Did you enjoy this episode? Please share it with other parents you’re connected with and encourage them to tune in.
Learn more about #mixingbabiesandbusiness:
For parents interested in entrepreneurship, flexible and remote work with kids: https://babiesbusinessbreakfast.wordpress.com/free-resources
ABOUT KEVIN BOURNE
Kevin Bourne, a dad of three and an entrepreneur, freelance journalist and media personality. He is co-founder of SHIFTER Magazine and SHIFTER Agency.
CONNECT WITH KEVIN
Kevin Bourne https://www.shifteragency.com/kevin-bourne
SHIFTER Magazine https://shiftermagazine.com/