This is the third and final episode of our chat with Tanya Hayles, a mom of one and an award-winning event planner, freelance writer, public speaker and creative storyteller.
She’s the founder of Black Moms Connection, an online global village and non-profit organization, as well as a diversity, equity, inclusion and representation disruptor doing anti-Black racism consulting through Color In White Spaces.
Our conversation took place in August before we knew what back to school would look like between the ever-changing lockdown restrictions in Canada.
THINGS WE TALK ABOUT:
- Responding to world events and media requests
- Becoming a certified Diversity and Inclusion Consultant
- The importance of mentors and advisors
- What she misses about the events industry
- Planning a career pivot
- Taking action and practicing accountability, over more reporting
- The legacy she wants to create for Black Moms Connection and her son
- Being yourself, planting the seeds and seeing what grows
LISTEN TO THE FULL EPISODE:
SUBSCRIBE ON YOUR FAVOURITE PODCAST PLAYER:
- Podcast Website: http://mixingbabiesandbusiness.buzzsprout.com/
- Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/mixing-babies-and-business/id1539564532
- Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5idXp6c3Byb3V0LmNvbS8xNDc2MzczLnJzcw==
- Spotify Podcasts: https://open.spotify.com/show/0R3APbjoNM5dTl2Dp8QOh7
- Stitcher Podcasts: https://www.stitcher.com/show/mixing-babies-and-business
CONNECT WITH US
We’re always happy to hear from you! Send us your feedback and share your work from home with kids stories via email at: email@example.com
Did you enjoy this episode? Please share it with other parents you’re connected with and encourage them to tune in.
Learn more about #mixingbabiesandbusiness:
For parents interested in entrepreneurship, flexible and remote work with kids: http://mixingbabiesandbusiness.com/free-resources
ABOUT TANYA HAYLES
Tanya is a mom of one and an award-winning event planner, freelance writer, public speaker and creative storyteller, using various mediums to evoke emotions, create change and magnify moments. She is the founder of Black Moms Connection and Color In White Spaces.
CONNECT WITH TANYA
Tanya Hayles https://www.tanyahayles.com/
Black Moms Connection https://www.blackmomsconnection.com/
Color In White Spaces https://colorinwhitespaces.com/