Calling all parents who want to invest in themselves alongside their kids:
If you want to explore entrepreneurship, flexible and remote work with kids, you’ve come to the right place.
Meet other founders, freelancers, remote workers and potential career changers who are also parents (moms AND dads, parents-to-be welcome too!) who want to explore how to mix babies and business.
Show up as you are.
Whether you’re setting out to build a startup, launch a small business, doing remote work with kids or growing your professional network, get involved in our virtual coworking, look after yourself and learn from industry experts who’ve built and/or been part of successful companies – all while raising their families.
- More flexibility and accessibility. Less one-size-fits-all traditional business and remote work advice.
- More genuine connections and virtual support. Less fear of missing out and flying solo.
- More mental clarity and taking action. Less to do lists, perfectionism or tech overwhelm.
- More self-compassion and steady growth. Less hustle, striving and working harder.
Who is it for?
This is not for you if:
- You’re a parent with business goals you’d like to accomplish within a set timeframe
- You’re seeking connection with other like-minded parents
- You feel the ebbs and flows of business and life and want to work with them
- You’re not a parent (I’m sure you’re a lovely person but this is a program for parents only!)
- You’re looking for another social media group (there are many out there, I don’t offer one)
- You’re not willing to show up as you are (progress over perfection is what we practice)
Thank you to Bayview Yards for enabling me to host my meetups in your startup space!
What began as a newsletter and DIY pop-up parent-friendly professional development events when I was pregnant in 2018, has now grown into a network of parents and people pursuing entrepreneurship, flexible and remote work alongside their kids.
We’re bringing along the ones we love and care for and showing up as we are in business environments online and offline – usually with a baby and/or toddler in tow.
Thank you to Algonquin College’s DARE District
for welcoming parents and their families into your workshop space in 2019 and Startup Canada’s
Community Empowerment Fund for supporting the Mixing Babies And Business™ Podcast and community programming from 2021–2022.
Join our movement. Bring your kids.