This is the second of three mini episodes of our chat with Tanya Hayles, a mom of one and an award-winning event planner, freelance writer, public speaker and creative storyteller.
She’s the founder of Black Moms Connection, an online global village and non-profit organization, as well as a diversity, equity, inclusion and representation disruptor doing anti-Black racism consulting through Color In White Spaces.
Our conversation took place in August before we knew what back to school would look like between the ever-changing lockdown restrictions in Canada.
THINGS WE TALK ABOUT:
- What to do when others challenge what you’re building and how you’re doing it
- Networking as a parent and the choices you get faced with
- How primary caregivers are being left out of business spaces and programming
- What we’re doing about creating more child-friendly spaces
- Why you have a part to play in creating change
Our third episode with Tanya covers responding to world events, career pivots and creating a legacy.
LISTEN TO THE FULL EPISODE:https://www.buzzsprout.com/1476373/6514903-pt-2-creating-your-own-village-networking-as-a-parent-and-planning-a-career-transition-with-tanya-hayles.js?container_id=buzzsprout-player-6514903&player=small
SUBSCRIBE ON YOUR FAVOURITE PODCAST PLAYER:
- Podcast Website: http://mixingbabiesandbusiness.buzzsprout.com/
- Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/mixing-babies-and-business/id1539564532
- Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5idXp6c3Byb3V0LmNvbS8xNDc2MzczLnJzcw==
- Spotify Podcasts: https://open.spotify.com/show/0R3APbjoNM5dTl2Dp8QOh7
- Stitcher Podcasts: https://www.stitcher.com/show/mixing-babies-and-business
CONNECT WITH US
We’re always happy to hear from you! Send us your feedback and share your work from home with kids stories via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you enjoy this episode? Please share it with other parents you’re connected with and encourage them to tune in.
Learn more about #mixingbabiesandbusiness:
For parents interested in entrepreneurship, flexible and remote work with kids: https://babiesbusinessbreakfast.wordpress.com/free-resources
ABOUT TANYA HAYLES
Tanya is a mom of one and an award-winning event planner, freelance writer, public speaker and creative storyteller, using various mediums to evoke emotions, create change and magnify moments. She is the founder of Black Moms Connection and Color In White Spaces.
CONNECT WITH TANYA
Tanya Hayles https://www.tanyahayles.com/
Black Moms Connection https://www.blackmomsconnection.com/
Color In White Spaces https://colorinwhitespaces.com/